Qi Gong exercises for facial rejuvenation
July 23, 2010
Qi Gong is an effective and natural technique that helps to balance the energy of the body, mind, and spirit. The purpose of Qi Gong is to assist the body’s natural self-balancing capacity by manipulating internal energy with one’s mind and breathing. Using Qi Gong to promote beauty and slow down aging has been around for thousands of years. The following 15 minute exercise is an easy to follow six step protocol to energize the face, reduce wrinkles, reduce sagging of the face and eyes and energize the whole body.
- Start by sitting in a chair, eyes lightly closed and relaxed. Focus on your breathing, keep it slow, even and natural for about a minute.
- Bring your focus to the dan tian ( located three finger widths below the belly button). Place the palms of your hands on this area as you tune into your breathing and begin to visualize a small energy ball about the size of a ping-pong ball.
- While your hands are resting on the dan tian, imagine sending this energy ball up the front of the body to the head and then down the spine returning to the dan tian. Do five cycles of up the front and down the back before you bring the energy ball to rest again at the dan tian.
- Now feel the energy ball with your hands and imagine drawing this energy into the palms of your hand. Then move your hands with the energy ball up to your face.
- Place your hands on each side of the face and begin first to massage the forehead then sides of the face and finish with the eyes (keep hands about one inch away from the face). Use ten circular motions for each area and be sure to breath slowly as you do this motion. Remember don’t touch the face as you do the circular motions.
- After completing this exercise, bring hands back down to the dan tian and take three deep cleansing breathes. Finish by noticing your face feeling lighter, more energized, and the mind more alert.